Friday, July 31, 2026

Welcome

Where Grace Meets Me is my main blog home. It's where I do the majority of my writing. Rhekkit Gaming was created to share my love of gaming. It feels more natural to have a separate blog for all the gaming adventures. So voila! A blog about gaming! 

I could talk about the games I've played over the decades but, who has time to read all that? That topic can be mixed into multiple blog posts. It's better to concentrate on the games that I play the most now as well as games I plan to play when they release. 



I started playing Guild Wars 2 in 2012 when it released. We decided to take a break from World of Warcraft. We did that often and played a ton of games. 

GW2 was and continues to be very different from WoW and other traditional MMORPGs. The game has evolved over the years in a good way, a very good way. It's dynamic and we're not always chasing the best gear with every new expansion like World of Warcraft. 

Get to 80, get your gear and that gear works for you for the entire GW2 career with tweaks and additions. You never feel left behind because you don't have best-in-slot. Heck, this is the closest I've gotten to having "best-in-slot" in my nearly 30 years of playing mmos. 

There's a TON to do in this game and it appeals to all types of gamers. We finally said goodbye to WoW back in 2022 and have Guild Wars 2 is our main mmo. 


Nykonis a.k.a. my husband tried to get me to play Path of Exile several years ago. I tried it and racked up a measly 89 hours. I liked it enough to play that much but had minor issues with it. The graphics always seemed dark.

Have you ever watched a movie where you're constantly squinting to see what's going on? Like the DoP kept everything so dark when trying to convey a night scene. That's what OG Path of Exile feels like to me. 

PoE2 is different. Brighter with new classes and after playing it, everything seemed to click for me. I understand my skill tree and that's huge. The tree is massive. If you play PoE you understand. I get the mechanics of the build I'm currently running this season: Deadeye Ice Build - translation: I play an ice ranger and I love "rhekking" mobs with this build. This is a game that I play with my husband. He has solo characters as well but I just enjoy playing with him and don't do a solo run at all. 


My man was upfront when he introduced this one to me. He warned me about it being a Souslike game. 

A Soulslike is  a type of action video game known for demanding, delierate combat, strict checkpoint systems, and harsh penalties for dying.

I played and immediately fell in love. Right now it's on the back-burner because we're waiting for the update coming in October when the game is supposed to officially come out of early access.

It's a really great game with an equally great storyline. Combat is tough but fluid. I never thought I'd play a Soulslike game because I've seen the frustration when my husband puts a ton of work into a character and that character dies. The games look brutal and honestly I'm at a place in my gaming life where I'm fine with working hard to accomplish something, but the days of banging away at something to the point of frustration is not something I care to do. I remember the days of raiding in WoW, working with the guild for hours every evening to work our way through content. it was tough but those were the glory days. Guilds like those still exist somewhere. Unfortunately we've become accustomed to running as a duo or with trusted family and friends.

Nykonis and I move without communicating. If I need to flank I do it and he knows which side I'll move to. We compliment each other in our gaming just like we do in our marriage. He and I are a team no matter what we're doing in life. 

As a fan of Guild Wars 2 we were totally stoked when Arenanet announced Guild Wars 3.  This is how they describe it on the website: 

Guild Wars 3 is an action-adventure MMORPG, a modern evolution of the genre that blends rich action-combat, character building, and skill collection. Set in the enchanting frontier of Orr, the world brims with mystery, magic, and wonder. Play solo or form a band of adventurers, forging impactful and enduring bonds with fellow players, a formative cast of memorable NPCs, and the nature spirits that call Orr home. 

They've made it very clear that this is not the next reiteration of Guild Wars 2, nor is it a sequel. That makes me so happy because I have no intention of leaving GW2 anytime soon. There are still so many things I hope to enjoy in the game as it is right now. It's great that Anet plans to continue supporting GW2 for years to come. 

So welcome to Rhekkit Gaming. I can't wait to share all the games that we love as a family of gamers! 

Peace, 
Rhekkit

We'll get into why I'm called Rhekkit in an upcoming post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment